You may want to check this project before implementing other features, if
you haven't yet
  https://github.com/kylemcc/twitter-text-go
On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 3:11:23 AM UTC-7, Hariharan Srinath wrote:

Hi,

I have created a small package called hashtag
<https://github.com/srinathh/hashtag> that ports hashtag and
reply/mention extraction functions from Twitter's twitter-text
<https://github.com/twitter/twitter-text> package to Go.

The API is modeled on Java package of twitter-text (hence longer function
names than usual in Go) and it passes all the published conformance tests
for hashtags, replies & mentions except for URL overlap with hashtags which
doesn't work as I have not yet implemented extraction for URLs, Cashtags &
Lists.

Would love to get feedback & hope this is useful.

Best Regards
Srinath