Thank you for pointing to the bug report. That is the issue and it is too
late for Go to fix it.

My solution is to use format explicitly:

mystr := mytime.Format(time.RFC3339)
time.Parse(time.RFC3339, mystr)

On Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 8:23:27 PM UTC-8, Dave Cheney wrote:

See also, https://github.com/golang/go/issues/9596
On Friday, 30 January 2015 13:09:32 UTC+11, Sergei G wrote:

I store date time using a simple call:

time_value.String()

It works well and stores data like this:

2011-09-04 15:54:42 -0700 PDT

Now, I need to parse that string back to time.Time struct:

time.Parse(layout, string)

What layout should I pass?

Why do I even need to pass layout, if I used default layout to generate a
string in the 1st place?