That is indeed my solution currently, that's why I said that it's not *too*
complicated to write, but I still miss the functionality from the libs
(though this is a personal opinion, so I can accept not including it). The
dozen-or-so is a hundred-or-so rather, but your point still stands :)

Lastly, of course you could always add specialized intelligent error
handling, but it would be nice to have an easy/dumb way of doing it and
work from there if it's not enough (yes, you could argue, that the dump way
is io.Copy :P).