On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 04:37:39 -0800 (PST) Haddock wrote:

there seems to several ways to exchange data between Go and Java. As
performance is important for me I would stick to a solution based on
sockets. I found a Go pluging for Apache Mesos. But Mesos is too big
a hammer for my purposes. Something simple that communicates directly
through sockets would be just fine. Any sugestions for something that
is simple and reliable?
Google Protocol Buffers?
Cap'n Proto + nanomsg [2]?

All of these are supported in both Java and Go.

Sure there are other ways to exchange data, including
other serialization formats and request/reply mechanisms (RPC, REST
etc) or even something as simple as a custom hand-rolled TLV [1]
protocol.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type-length-value
2. https://github.com/glycerine/gozbus