On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Aki Balogh wrote:
Makes sense. I should just handle the case if resp.Body == 0 bytes.
That's just up to you. If the lack of the body is an error condition for
you, then handle it. It's perfectly valid for a server to not return an
http body. Here you're also not checking the response.StatusCode to see if
it's really what you want either.

I am leaking goroutines. I've been assuming that they get GC'd
eventually, but it's sloppy code.

Buffering sounds like a good solution. Can you point me in the right
direction of what to read up on?
To be absolutely certain that all download goroutines can complete without
a receiver on articleChan, you would have to make articleChan large enough
to hold all responses. (http://golang.org/doc/effective_go.html#channels)

     articleChan := make(chan string, len(urlsSlice))

You're also not checking the error from reading the resp.Body. Again,
probably not the issue here, but your response may not be what you think it
is.