On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 9:44:39 AM UTC-5, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 06:38:14 -0800 (PST)
Gao <gaop...@gmail.com <javascript:>> wrote:
1.
copy(s[i:],s[i+:])
s[len(s)-1]=nil

This isn't valid syntax, and doesn't properly remove an item. You're
looking for something like

a = a[:i+copy(a[i:], a[i+1:])]

2.
s = append(s[:i],s[i+1:])
your append needs and ellipsis [...]

https://github.com/golang/go/wiki/SliceTricks

which is better?
They are essentially identical. I prefer the copy, only because I think
it's more obvious what you're doing.

You might consider using a linked list [1] or a map instead.
That's not really helpful, since one often needs to remove an element from
a slice even when it is the proper data structure.