On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 5:28:11 PM UTC-6, Guillermo Estrada wrote:
Hey Gophers,

I'm about to buy an ARM Linux Box to toy with some home server things, but
I would love to use it as a Go Dev Machine/Server for local deploys to test
apps (primarily server apps or long running processes). I would love to
hear from your experience what hardware would I have the most smooth
experience with (installation, compiling, development, etc...) so in the
future I might use this hardware for home/office local appliance with Go
servers running.

My primary development will be Go apps (servers or otherwise) with pure Go
libraries (some database drivers sqlite or mongo, etc...) but I might do
some graphics development. I definitely would love Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on the
box, so that is my main sell point, and I'm a hardware enthusiast so
there's that. After doing some research on ARM boxes and boards I reached
the next one.

http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G140448267127
(ODROID-XU3)

I would love Gigabit Ethernet on board, but this one seems pretty powerful
on processing capabilities. If anyone with some experience on this kind of
hardware and Go would share his/her thoughts I would love to hear about it.
Cheaper options with smoother Go workflow are always welcome.
Haven't tried it myself yet but https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-tk1
seems impressive.
It claims pcie based gb ethernet, usb3.0, sata and a mini pcie slot (might
help with the missing wifi).
If I had disposable income I would already have one ;)
(again never actually used it)