On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 3:18:49 PM UTC-6, Skip wrote:
in the second sentence of the blog the author disavows what he claimed in
the title; i stopped reading at that point.

Russ' response is enjoyable and educational.

Indeed.
I find cgo both annoying and clever, but the guy on that blog is really
angry.
I especially like the part where he claimed that a C compiler from one of
the languages original authors isn't C...
How would you win that argument?

The assembler is very quirky, but usable.
There are apologies about some of this already in http://golang.org/doc/asm
"The details vary with architecture, and we apologize for the imprecision;
the situation is not well-defined."

The big problems will work themselves out in time.