You're mixing a lot of things into one message. Let me just answer the guava bit. Just speaking for myself, I'm very very glad that there is no equivalent of it in go.

Writing Java feels like: do I need length() == 0, size() == 0, isEmpty() or Iterables.isEmpty()? Your code reviewer might have a preference, so you best memorize all available options, along with the preferences of all your coworkers.

I don't like stuff. Sure, I also don't enjoy re-writing complicated things, so some libraries are welcome. But only if needed. And only if I they carry their weight.

Haven't tried your library, but that's my general attitude.

Niko