Thanks for your interest in the Go OpenVG library. I wrote the library to
explore an high-level accelerated 2D graphics API on the Raspberry Pi (or
any platform that had the OpenVG C API), and yes, with some work (things
like adding mouse support and animation) it could be the basis for UI work.

Currently it does not support video playback directly, but if you look at
the deck library [1] with its clients "vgdeck" [2], and service "sex" [3]
(slide execution), you will see an example graphical client, and a method
for displaying "media" (text and graphics in the form of slide decks), with
the ability to show videos by executing a playback client.

[1] https://github.com/ajstarks/deck
[2] https://github.com/ajstarks/deck/tree/master/cmd/vgdeck
[3] https://github.com/ajstarks/deck/tree/master/cmd/sex