That makes sense. Your excuse (just kidding) sounds like the one suggested
by Linux kernel developers about pluggable scheduler.
Just in case if you misinterpreted my intention. What I mean is not a
configurable GC by tuning the parameters, instead, just making it
replaceable by another one like a library. I wholeheartedly hate something
like conditional compilation macros too.

To be honest, it's very likely the Go designers will receive complaints
from some application no matter how good the default GC is.