On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:35:57 PM UTC+8, Frank Schröder wrote:
My personal experience was that the lack of tuning options made me look
harder for issues in our code and in the end with a good result. With Java
I didn't look that hard but tried more knobs on the different GCs. More
knobs mean more models to reason about. "Good enough" might be just that:
good enough.
It depends a bit on what you mean by short lived apps but if I'm not
mistaken the GC kicks in after two seconds for the first time.
Like some simple CLI utilities. A 1.5M sized runtime.a looks not so pretty
in some fields.

By the way, I am not trying to convince others to modify the code for me.
It's just my hobby plan and I care more about someone making it happen
before me :D

My real intention is to play Go in kernel space and bare metal. And
something like a special interface type which allows programmers to
implement their own GC algorithms in application code.
They are not expected to be beneficial to the world and humankind.

--Frank
Frank Schröder
Amsterdam, NL
PGP - DDA53977