You should definitely check the talk by John Graham-Cumming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woCg2zaIVzQ

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Philip Thomas wrote:

I guess the main problem I am having is coordinating the shutdown of
multiple what I would call "queue workers" - basically one input channel,
one output channel, and about 1000 goroutines processing input, dropping
some data, and sending on the output channel. What's the standard pattern
for recognizing that the input channel has closed, then closing the output
channel when processing has finished without losing data (e.g. "ERROR -
output channel already closed"). I thought that the input shutdown message
could only be received by one queue worker, not all of them.

Philip

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Jesper Louis Andersen <