Are there any good resources on buffered channels?

I have some questions to which I have not found answers:

    - Can you examine the size of the buffer in the channel, e.g. to see if
    it is empty or full, without modifying the channel?
    - What happens to the buffer if the channel is closed? use case -> I
    have an emitter that emits to a buffered channel. If it finishes and tries
    to close the channel but data remains in the buffer, is it lost?
    - Are buffered channels strictly FIFO?

Thanks!