Understood. That looks like a vote for http://golang.org/issue/6817 then.
On Mon Oct 27 2014 at 4:39:25 PM Nick Patavalis wrote:

Yes, the kind of programs I write, very often need to interact with
hardware / kernel-services through device nodes. A LOT of device nodes. I
would also love to see netpoller-like support for such cases. Not only for
safer / more robust interactions, but also to avoid having one OS thread
for every blocked operation.

A while ago I patched the standard library to do just that, and it worked
fine, but the exported interface was rather ugly (and also very
Unix-specific) to even think that it could be officially supported.

Then, I wrote the "poller" package which does---very roughly---what
netpoller does, without special support from the runtime (albeit less
efficiently) and I'm using that instead.

Anyway, I'm veering off topic...