One of the things that helped us was to replace arrays of pointers with
arrays of structs, i.e. lotsOfTs []T instead of lotsOfTs []*T

It depends on how volatile your objects are, whether you delete them often.
You might need to use a free list for managing the deleted objects.

In our case that is not the case we don't have to delete individual
objects. We can always update the objects content or replace the whole
array.

Frank