Sorry, I didn't include some internal narrative which caused me to mention races.

To me I assumed your question about two goroutines reading from the same connection. At least in the case of TCP this doesn't really make sense: since TCP is stream oriented how are you supposed to divvy up a stream of bytes to more than one reader? It just seems inherently racey to me.

I don't know much about RPC and forgot for a bit that net.Conn is an interface rather than an implementation so it could make sense in the context of that protocol.

Still though, I suggest just doing a small example and trying it. I don't think it'd be a long program. If it always works then I'd imagine you did it correctly. If it never works or spuriously fails then clearly you'll have to try another solution.