​But why is using 2*N OS threads a problem? Are you managing thousands of
processes?
Currently not thousands, but hundreds. Also, don't forget that the 2*N
figure is the minimum number per supervised process. I don't remember the
exact numbers, but I think between os/exec and the os/exec.Cmd.Wait() call
the number ended up higher, like 5*N threads and even more goroutines.
Currently, the full governator server runs within O(1) threads and
goroutines, which is nice for scaling and that couldn't be possible without
using async I/O.

Regards,
Alberto