Hi Gophers,

I had a small trouble in using my built GCCGO compiler.

$ go install test01 && bin/test01
こんにちは、世界
$ which gccgo47
/home/nodakai/gcc47/bin/gccgo47
$ go install -compiler gccgo47 test01 && bin/test01
invalid value "gccgo47" for flag -compiler: unknown compiler
"gccgo47"
usage: install [build flags] [packages]
(snip)

That is, the go(1) compiler driver couldn't recognize my GCCGO compiler
that I had installed with "./configure --program-suffix=47" (it was from
GCC 4.7.)

Then I found out there were only two possible values for the "-compiler"
option:
http://golang.org/src/cmd/go/build.go

Do you think it's worthwhile to write a patch to allow an arbitrary name
as the value of the "-compiler" option, or to add an environment
variable to overwrite the name of the GCCGO compiler?

Of course I can use something like this for now...

$ cat ~/local/bin/gccgo
#!/bin/sh
gccgo47 "$@"

Regards,