On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Ralf Rottmann wrote:
We're working on a pretty complex backend in Go running on App Engine.
Exploring the gdb debugging options, we can't get gdb to print variables.
Here's what we do:

ps | grep _go_app
sudo gdb attach 1734 -d $GOPATH/projectfolder

(gdb) i var Active
All variables matching regular expression "Active":

File _go_main.go:
<data variable, no debug info> myapp.getUsersActive·f;
struct []string myapp/config.ActiveForUids;
(gdb) p config.ActiveForUids
No symbol "config" in current context.
(gdb)

Any idea, why the p command fails?
I don't know if this is the only issue, but I know that you need to
use single quotes:

p 'config.ActiveForUids'

Otherwise gdb thinks you are referring to a field in a struct named
config.

See http://golang.org/doc/gdb .

Ian