I'd participate.
On Monday, February 24, 2014 12:52:28 PM UTC-5, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:

Hi there,

We were just considering whether it might be fun to organize a contest
for applications developed with Go QML. The idea would be to offer
the next two months preceding GopherCon as a window for applicants to
create a GUI application based on Go QML, and we'd get together at
GopherCon to judge and announce the winner, with some prizing to be
defined.

Of course, this is only fun if we have enough people interested in
participating, and I realize we all have schedules, so it seems worth
asking before going ahead. If you'd like to participate in something
like that, please raise your hand now. :-)

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net