I was initially tempted to implement lots of little things, such as
promises/futures, in Go - but I am quickly learning to change my opinion...
the truth of the matter is that futures is just a pattern - and in Go it is
actually a very easy and simple pattern to implement without any framework
or helper functions:

https://sites.google.com/site/gopatterns/concurrency/futures

I find that a lot of things for which I would write (or find) "frameworks"
in other languages are simple and natural in Go, and frameworks for things
that are already simple in Go don't tend to add anything - in many cases,
they actually take something away.

Just my $.02 :-)