Might I just say that I think that this is a bad idea? I see that there are
now serious plans in this direction. It just seems like mental masturbation.

I just can't think of any improvement over the go tools that would be less
important than changing the host language. Can you name one? On the other
hand, making Go self-hosting might limit the ability to modify the language
for Go 2.0, should that ever occur.

Just my 2 cents, not like it's any of my business. :)

Niko