This blog [1] has a fairly complete account of how to implement a
form-based authorization flow using gorilla sessions. Adapting it for
angular is as simple as moving the POST /login call to use the angular
$http service, rather than direct form input. As long as your solution
correctly uses gorilla/sessions and communication happens over https, the
implementation should be "adequately" secure.

[1]: http://shadynasty.biz/blog/2012/09/05/auth-and-sessions/