I am unhappy to report that btcd compiles successfully under NetBSD (6.0
beta 2) and start running quite successfully, but eventually fails,
seemingly during some garbage collection operation, but that is an
uneducated guess on my part. A snippet of the output says:

SIGSEGV: segmentation violation
PC=0x80f86c4

runtime.settype_flush(0x8e80800)
         /archive/project/GoLang/src/pkg/runtime/malloc.goc:596 +0x84
gc(0xbba2ca70)
         /archive/project/GoLang/src/pkg/runtime/mgc0.c:2072 +0x5e
mgc(0x8eac640)
         /archive/project/GoLang/src/pkg/runtime/mgc0.c:2050 +0x2b
runtime.mcall(0x804c7bb)
         /archive/project/GoLang/src/pkg/runtime/asm_386.s:190 +0x3c

goroutine 20 [garbage collection]:
runtime.gc(0x1)
         /archive/project/GoLang/src/pkg/runtime/mgc0.c:2021 +0x183
fp=0xbba2ca7c

I am very pleased that bitcoin handling is now possible in Go and I'm
looking forward to the meme spreading across architectures, so this
particular setback is quite important to me and if I can help resolve it,
I'll do it with pleasure. Unfortunately, I suffer from a shortage of
computing power (I have access to lots of slow, old PCs, but nothing
modern) and very limited understanding of the bitcoin meme, although I have
a friend high in the local (South African) finance industry I would dearly
like to impress.

Lucio.

PS: The full error report and preceding typescript is available. I confess
I do not understand much of it.