This looks very useful!

One feature I'd like to see, that we currently do in a hacky way: a variant
string syntax that allows double-quotes, backslashes and newlines within
it. (Our syntax uses a back-quote as the delimiter, and converts everything
up to the next back-quote into a regular JSON string, inserting escapes.)

This is very useful if you need to embed JavaScript source code in a JSON
document, which very often happens in CouchDB "design documents" and also
in the configuration documents for the Couchbase Sync Gateway I'm working
on. In regular JSON, the JavaScript usually turns into a mess of
backslashes all glommed onto a single line.

I'd love it if we could use your preprocessor instead of our current
regex-based hack.

--Jens