Just curious, but... how is this 'new terminology'?

I kind of (from a C background, so forgive this naive assumption) assumed
that by exported/unexported Go was literally going the same thing as C / C++

ie. Each package is a library with an exposed ABI that only contains the
symbols that have capital letters in them. The rest are internal symbols
that do not appear in the ABI.

How is this different in Go?

...because if it *is* different then the terminology *is* confusing. :(

~
Doug.