On Friday, March 8, 2013 12:17:35 PM UTC-6, chris dollin wrote:
Could we please not play the implied insult game?

Chris, onna Nexus.
No insult was implied. But I am withholding a few for you.

On Mar 8, 2013 5:38 PM, "bryanturley" <bryan...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
wrote:
On Friday, March 8, 2013 9:43:02 AM UTC-6, Michael Teter wrote:

I'm sure this horse has been beat to death and served up as hamburgers
already, but I am going to throw out this realist's argument.

"if it's worth complaining about, it's worth fixing in the code" -
http://golang.org/doc/faq#**unused_variables_and_imports<http://golang.org/doc/faq#unused_variables_and_imports>

I don't think it's worth complaining about, at least not during the
development cycle. By now everyone knows one or more arguments for
ignoring these "errors". During development there is a lot of exploration
and temporary commenting out of blocks of code.

This hyper-strict design choice is an impediment to acceptance of the
language.
Or it weeds out the whiners.