I see all the time a mix of package.New(), package.NewBlah() and
package.MyType() (eg. http://golang.org/pkg/os/exec/#Command), the mix of
which I find annoying because:

1) The .New() syntax doesn't make it obvious what type to return.

2) The .New() syntax requires a lot of heavy refactoring if you change the
api to add a new type (ie. New has to change to NewBlah())

3) Mixing it up with package.Blah() just confuses matters.

4) It seems terribly inconsistent to have 3 different 'standard' ways of
doing things.

I thought package.NewBlah() was the approved solution, but now I keep
stumbling into people doing it differently.

What's the go-centric way of doing this, and where is it documented?

(I saw http://golang.org/doc/effective_go.html#composite_literals, but it
isn't explicit there about naming)

~
Doug.