My point was about adding an import *after* writing a lot of code (when
adding features or whatever), and that without shadowing, merely importing
a package now has the potential to break existing code....

The current shadowing rules insulate code inside functions from what
happens at the top level of the file, so that adding imports to the file
will never break existing code (now waiting for someone to prove me wrong
on this ;)

On Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:13:35 PM UTC-5, Patrick Mylund Nielsen