On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Patrick Mylund Nielsen wrote:
A "var oa int" would still be in block scope.
I understand that variables still have scope. But with an effectively
flat "namespace", it's only one half left of the 'block scoping'.
Which leads to some funny things like: In a valid and correct program
using this "half scoping", one can move every single variable declared
to become a TLD and _nothing happens_ to the validity, correctness and
behavior of the program. Pretty BASIC like it is, if one imagines
that, right? But I cannot call BASIC a block scoped language ;-)

-j

PS: I've ignored some minor details about e.g. file vs package scope.