You're not actually shadowing a variable in either of those cases. It
cannot lead to confusion (even if the variable is re-used under the hood.)
"x := foo()" from the previous iteration of the loop will not be in scope,
nor would you have access to an argument named "b" from a previous call to
a recursive function.

http://play.golang.org/p/AJFc0Ye6pD