On 20.02.2013 08:53, Jan Mercl wrote:
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Jay Weisskopf wrote:

I wasted a lot of time on a bug today that was caused by shadowing
(= was mistakenly :=). I've seen some people mentioning the "go
vet" command, but I can't find much information on it. It warns
about shadowed variables, or was someone just throwing that out as
an idea?

AFAIK, it does not warn about this. IMO it should not warn about this.
I use some "scripts" which demand `$ go vet` says nothing in the case
of valid code (cca a pre commit hook). It would be sad if it will
start to rant about code w/o any troubles. I think I have some
(working) code which would not pass.
Ok, so it's not gov vet. What existing tool would then qualify to take
over this task?
-j

PS:

$ go vet -h