On 02/19/2013 10:24 PM, Patrick Mylund Nielsen wrote:
How about a "warn about shadowed variables" feature of a tool like vet?
+1, this has come up many times.
That would be great too.

I also admit, that the more I think about a compiler error (in this
special case), it really comes down to balance the pros and cons of
default values, short assignments and block meaning invariability.