I think that's true for general applications delivered as binary package.
Currently, Go programs are usually used as server side applications, so
easy deploying has more importance than easy to fix security problems
without source code.

Moreover, many security upgrades are for C libraries. If I am not wrong, Go
can dynamically link to .so files with Cgo, so these Go programs still
enjoy the easy fixing benefit. For pure Go programs, currently most Go
projects are open source and delivered by source instead of binary libs,
one can easily update with "go get".

Just my 2 cents.

Cheng Wei