I've been trying to solve this issue I've been having with the windows
console messing up user inputs.

I've created a small app to test this. The app uses fmt.Scanln(&input) to
get the user input and then fmt.Println(input) to return the inputed value.

First, I've noticed that special characters such as áéíàèìç, end up showing
wierd symbols. Then I changed to chcp 65001 and those characters simply do
not print.

If I do, for instance, mkdir Poisé, a "Poisé" dir is created. But if I try
to create it through another Go program I use for tests, it creates a dir
"Pois?" ( The ? is a symbol inside a square, not really a question mark)

I'm using windows 8 and the latest go release.

Thanks in advance

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedJan 26, '13 at 6:49p