On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:31:58 AM UTC-5, Jeff R. Allen wrote:
because your certificate has a different PEM header than Go is expecting
(it expects "BEGIN CERTIFICATE", yours says "BEGIN TRUSTED CERTIFICATE").

I started looking into why your cert says that, what happens if you hack
it to make Go look at it anyway, etc, but I'm out of time right now.
Perhaps this reply will nudge you in the right direction anyway. :)
BEGIN TRUSTED CERTIFICATE isn't just a different string, it's actually a
different type of object. It's certainly not what you want for client auth.
I think you need to pass -extfile to OpenSSL and give it explicit config to
set the X.509 parameters as you desire. [1] isn't quite right, but it's a
start.

[1] http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v8r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.netcool_OMNIbus.doc%2Fprobes%2Fmicrosoft_scom%2Fmicrosoft_scom%2Fwip%2Freference%2Fmsscom_gnrt-clnt-crt.html

Cheers

AGL