Ubuntu is not "desktop oriented"; it's fine for both desktops and servers.
They take both equally seriously.

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Constantine Vasil wrote:

This was interesting to know:
"In particular, Google uses the latest long term support (LTS) of Ubuntu.
That means that if you download a copy of the latest version of Ubuntu,
12.04.1<http://www.zdnet.com/minor-improvements-coming-in-ubuntu-linux-update-release-7000003098>,
you will, for most practical purposes, be running Goobuntu."

Ubuntu is for desktop. Now if we can know what OS distribution Google is
using for server side, it would light some guidance.