I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32 bit because it was the only version that didn't
have serious problems on my 9 month old dell laptop. The newest Ubuntu had
a ton of problems with my laptop (mouse jumped around and was unusable),
and 64 bit 12.04 did not function in several critical areas (I forget
exactly what). 32 bit works like a dream. Since it's just a dev laptop,
not production, it's not a huge deal for me for now.