Thank you. It looks like Ubuntu or CentOS are desktop oriented.
For this project it is better to use server oriented distribution.
On Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:32:10 AM UTC-8, bryanturley wrote:

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:47:54 AM UTC-6, Constantine Vasil wrote:

64-bit - definitely. I would be interested to know whatLinux distro is
Google using?
I believe they use Ubuntu on desktops probably their own mix for servers.
Any major distro that is up to date should work fine for you, it is more a
personal taste issue since 95% of the software is the same on all distro's
(ignoring version numbers).

Most people find Ubuntu helpful and easy to use, but I feel like it gets
in my way so I use Fedora.
If you are new to linux though Ubuntu or CentOS 6 are probably good stops
for you.
They have a good bit of public documentation and discussion freely
available.