I run network servers on both Linux and Windows (on Windows Server 2008 VM)
and they both work fine. If you are on 1.0.3, I might suggest compiling
from tip as there has been some Windows network improvements. More then
anything, you shouldn't panic or die on errors, just log them. Does your
entire http server stop accepting incoming connections?

-Daniel