On Sunday, October 28, 2012 11:10:27 PM UTC+3, Rob Young wrote:

I'll start out by admitting that I'm new to concurrent programming.

Over the previous couple of weeks I've found that cpu profiling my code
often doesn't surface the real problem. The problem I'm finding is that
channel contention is often hard to pick up through a cpu profile. It
doesn't always show me which channels are being blocked on and on which
sides. Are there any tools for seeing where the message contention is in my
application?
$ go test -blockprofile=prof

will show where goroutines are blocked.
The functionality is not yet in any release, so you will need to install
tip.

groupgolang-nuts @
categoriesgo
postedOct 28, '12 at 9:48p
activeOct 29, '12 at 9:07a

Rob Young: 2 posts Dmitry Vyukov: 1 post