On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 1:46 PM, Kyle Stanly wrote:

runtime.go never mentioned needing to explicitly run mkbuiltin.go, I
simply ran go generate, which explains why I messed up.
Either works. Because of the

     //go:generate go run mkbuiltin.go

comment in src/cmd/compile/internal/gc/main.go, running "go generate" there
will in turn run "go run mkbuiltin.go".

Am I supposed to explicitly run `go run
cmd/compile/internal/gc/mkbuiltin.go'? I figured it'd be invoked
automatically when I ran all.bat
Yes, you need to explicitly regenerate gc/builtin.go (either via "go
generate" or running "go run mkbuiltin.go").

It's not done automatically by all.bat because it depends on having an
up-to-date compiler.

The absence of makemap is what I'm confused about. I figured that it didn't
invoke makemap because debug is passed another value than 0, the value I
explicitly pass to mkcall1, seen below...
Sorry, I don't know what's going wrong for you. The steps I described
earlier work for me: https://go-review.googlesource.com/#/c/23862/

$ cat /tmp/kyle.go
package main

func main() {