Rob and I got the coverage tool working on the compiler itself (running
all.bash on amd64 as the test suite). Enjoy!

There's a tool to generate these: https://github.com/randall77/compilercover
Be sure to read the top of main.go before you run the tool.
And you'll need the patch: https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/23831/