I wrote x/mobile/exp/f32 early on to support a 3D spinning gopher
example android app. (I've mostly brought it back as a shiny example
app, but #6853 is eating all my time. In that app, I've copied the
relevant parts of f32 into it as unexported functions.)

There were several discussions with the go-gl folks about how we could
work together, and x/image/math/f32 came out of that. It was very hard
to find a common set of image math routines that worked for everyone,
but we could agree on the types, so that's where that came from. The
long-term plan was, and I believe still is, that we add any logic that
is widely applicable to x/image/math/f32.

Since then, x/mobile/exp/f32 has been on a list of packages for me to
eventually delete or fold into other work. A lot more effort has gone
into github.com/go-gl/mathgl, so I suggest starting there.