Looking at the set of packages specified in that proposal doc, I don't
think the choice of a package to vendor is terribly complex.

github.com/go-gl/mathgl
github.com/Jragonmiris/mathgl

The two above are the same (one was merged into the other). And it is even
using x/image/math/f32 already.

azul3d.org/lmath.v1 -- This package is in a repository called azul3d-legacy
and doesn't seem like it is maintained.

github.com/ungerik/go3d -- This one could work.

github.com/skelterjohn/geom -- This one is using float64 and also looks
potentially unmaintained.

github.com/spate/vectormath -- The API and struct definitions on this one
don't look right. Also potentially unmaintained.

So really I think the choice is between two libraries and one is using the
unified types...

But if crawshaw is the man in the know then, yes, let's wait to hear what
his input is.