I agree with Keith. From my understanding of ELF and the gc toolchain,
there shouldn't be any fundamental reason for stripped binaries to not
work. The last time I checked (in response to the Reddit AMA a few weeks
ago), I couldn't find any open issues about it not working either.

(gccgo on the other hand does depend on the DWARF debugging info.)