Filed: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/14031
On Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 9:00:24 PM UTC-8, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:

Please file a bug.

It'll be temporarily moot when https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13961
is fixed if we don't use vendor at all for the standard library in Go 1.6,
but I bet this bug would resurface later in Go 1.7, so please file it so we
remember.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 12:04 AM, Joe Tsai <thebroke...@gmail.com
<javascript:>> wrote:
The vendor specification
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Bz5-UB7g2uPBdOx-rw5t9MxJwkfpx90cqG9AFL0JAYo/edit> doesn't
seem to speak much about the visibility of the vendored packages. Thus,
should vendor be treated in similar ways to internal?

As it currently is, the following program compiles under go1.6beta2 (with
the vendor experiment on):

package main

import "vendor/golang.org/x/net/http2/hpack"

func main() {
hpack.NewEncoder(nil)
}

Is the expected behavior? It seems kind of odd that I can import hpack as
part of the "standard" library.

JT