Hi all,

I'd like to see a PRECIS implementation (a modern replacement for
Stringprep, see RFC 7564 [1] for more info) included in the the
`golang.org/x' namespace somewhere (probably
`golang.org/x/text/unicode/precis').

After reading the contributions document, I've opened an issue on
GitHub for this [2], but it sounds like this is the better place for
discussion.

I've also started on an implementation that contains a tool for
generating the necessary derived property tables [3] which I would be
more than happy to clean up / merge / submit for code review if the
approach is validated, and this is actually something people would be
interested in seeing.

Would there be value in such a package? Would it be best to have just
the tables, or actually implement string classes, profiles, etc.?

Best,
Sam

[1]: https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7564
[2]: https://github.com/golang/go/issues/13336