It's true that darwin/x86 is uncommon. I have some interest in it, as
the iOS simulator uses darwin/x86 binaries when Xcode projects are set
to build 32-bit iOS apps (the default). So I intend to give it some
time this cycle to get -buildmode=c-archive working if I can get out
from under my email. But it is hard to think of it as important, as I
believe all shipping Apple x86 hardware is 64-bit.

As it is still normal to ship 32-bit arm binaries with iOS apps I
intend to keep supporting darwin/arm. I'm also a little worried about
counting it out. While I'm sure everyone prefers working on arm64, arm
may have power advantages in some places that see it come back.

I'll should be able to get a builder back online for darwin/x86 today.
(CL went in a while ago and the hardware is here, I just haven't dug
up my notes about how to push a new farmer.golang.org yet.)

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 7:46 AM, 'Aaron Jacobs' via golang-dev